Jose Mourinho Continues To Insist Wayne Rooney Is Not For Sale.

Jose Mourinho has reiterated that Wayne Rooney is “going nowhere”, despite continuing speculation about the Man Utd captain’s future.

“With [his age being] 31, I know he can [play on],” said Mourinho. “I know he can, I know he’s a top player, I know he can play at the top level.

“I cannot make this kind of mental exercise of what is going to happen at 32, 33, 34 or 35. I can’t say that.

“What I can say is that he’s a very good player, he’s a very important player for us and he’s going nowhere. We like him, he likes us.

“He is not happy because in the last matches he was on the bench, but I think he’s even unhappier when he’s not on the bench because he’s been injured and has to stay in the stands. There is no problems at all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think in the comment section

Pages